Saturday, December 25, 2021

Review of 'The Unforgiveable'

Really good emotional film about children separated from their birth sibling by adoption, and coming out of prison, and also being working class in America. Sandra Bullock is really good as a woman who comes out of prison and tries to reunite with her baby sister, to whom she has written for years but never received any reply. Lots about trauma, that rings true from my reading about this subject at the moment.

Resisting spoilers, but it's a long but good film.

Set in a grim looking Seattle - I think I remember some of the grimmer places from my work trip there, when I spent a lot of time walking around, and realised that it's a very small place. Didn't notice then that the street signs were in English and Chinese - perhaps they weren't then.

Watched on Netflix.

No comments: