Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Review of 'Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle'

Watched this, though not quite from the beginning, on Netflix. It struck me as rather close to the spirit of the Kipling book than the Disney version, though it's a really long time since I either read the book or saw the Disney Film. Much more violent - not really suitable for little kids.

Perhaps that's why I can't remember whether the White Hunter who appears in the film was in the book - I don't think so.  It sort of has a happy ending that resolves the tension between Mowgli's living in the jungle and his returning to human civilization that struck me as a bit silly; but it's visually very striking. I particularly liked the description of the social life of the wolf pack, which was part of the point of the book.

No comments: